File Server Access Auditing
Native Windows file server and NetApp Filers auditing suffers from certain disadvantages that make tracking all Files, Folders, Permissions and Shares changes inconvenient and time consuming. This inherent complexity in auditing file server changes might lead to loosening of security measures resulting in serious threats to file servers and also precious business-critical data lying within. When it comes to tracking file server changes, auditing file access assumes greater significance because unauthorized access to files leads to a number of troubles that Admins may find themselves in. A hostile user has got access to file server – this kind of scenario can push even seasoned administrators to the brink of jitteriness. Because, this nightmarish situation can cause further trouble; the hostile user – the one who has no reason other than deceitful intention of harming file server environment, can cause further unwanted changes, such as file deletion, modification, data leakage and a number of other unaffordable security situations.
Administrators cannot let the business-critical file server data, or for that matter, the file server itself, to chance. A reliable, tested and fail-safe method of file server auditing is required that can not only ensure security of file server environment but also help them to get required information for each change when things are not extraordinary and are sailing through safe waters. LepideAuditor for File Server is a powerful Audit File Access tool that not only arms Admins to deal with critical situations but also provides a solid platform to audit Windows File Servers and NetApp Filers.
LepideAuditor for File Server gives you absolute control of the reign of Windows File Servers and NetApp Filers in network and ensures that not a single bit of digital data can pass through the file server without your knowledge. A seasoned administrators not only keeps the file server environment safe from the metal-tearing force of rough sea but also gives equal emphasis to corrosive force of slow and steady waves that may do equal damage if not more than towering waves of rough sea. For the same reasons, LepideAuditor for File Server not only generates alerts on critical changes but also provides full information which includes who, what, when and where detail for seemingly ordinary day-to-day changes on Windows File Servers and NetApp Filers.
Audit File Access Software offers a host of other benefits that include ability to do forensic analysis on a central repository of changes. You are not required to visit each file server and collect changes from there; instead, it can be dome from this centralized platform. Also, it provides the facility of requirement centric auditing that prevents tons of logs being generated. You can configure a number of variables such as File server name, File name, File Type, Process, Drive, Monitoring time, Events, Directory, etc. to generate logs on specific events that should be audited.
You need not be a technocrat to handle this Audit File Access software; a normal business user can also use it without any special training. LepideAuditor for file server is also available in free trial version that lets you audit 2 file servers for a period of 15 days. Once you have evaluated it, you can opt for the full version of software that gives complete features without any restrictions.
Key Features of Audit File Access Software:
- Offers a centralized platform for archiving of all Windows file server and NetApp filers changes in the network.
- Track and audit all changes done to Files, Folders and Permissions on Windows File servers and NetApp Filers.
- Creates efficiency and saves resources by eliminating the need of maintaining individual file servers’ repositories in the network.
- Find who, what, when and where information for each change with before and after value.
- Real-time alert features to prevent security breach and compliance violations.
- Helps you to perform requirement centric auditing by configuring various parameters such as File Name, Monitoring time, File server name, File type, Drive, Process, Events, Directory, etc.
- Generate built-in reports to offer complete information about each and every change.
- User friendly interface that does not take much to understand the functioning of software.
- Allows automatic generation and delivery of reports through email.
- Save report in PDF, DOC, HTML and Text file.